Monday, December 31, 2012

Thank You, 2012. Come Here You, 2013.

Wow ... without realizing, this is a ritual I have which I also did in 2011 when I said Au Revoir to 2011 and Bonjour to 2012. I shall, ask the same questions again and that will be:

What have you learned?
What will you leave behind?
What will you bring with you to 2013?

2012 has been a wonderful year to me in so many levels. Looking back, 2012 has been my best year ever in my entire life. I thought 2011 was the best then 2012 proves me wrong. For that, I thank you, 2012. Every single moments I had with you was simply splendid and memorable. It was colourful beyond explanations. Some of the experiences are unimaginably precious, which will only come by once in a lifetime. I'm glad I lived through it fully and not missing any of those moments.

What Have I Learned?
  • I have learned that living the best life means living, breathing and being your true self no matter what others say.
  • I have learned that making sure I am happy at any given moment will bring me to places I've never been.
  • I have learned by taking care of myself and making sure I'm at my best in all areas, life will give its best to me too.
  • I have learned that after every lessons I learned, I thought I understood, life will change and the lessons are totally renewed and I have to humble myself to learn something new again. There is indeed no absolute.
  • I have learned 3 other important lessons which I think will break them into 3 posts and share it in 2013. Wow ... what a learning year 2012 has been for me.

What Will I Leave Behind?
  • I will leave behind the thoughts that whatever I do is not good enough. Because I have done enough. I have given enough and I am enough.
  • I will leave behind people who are unappreciative of what I have done because there are many others who will, and some I've not met yet.

What Will I Bring with Me to 2013?
  • I will bring with me, the precious people who value me, who see me as I am, who accept me, who grow with me, who teach me, who don't give up on me, who bother to let me know how I meant to them, who occasionally popped by to let me know I am being missed (you know who you are SYT), who bothers to include me on special events even though I'm a new addition and who are simply who they are. That took courage, so I bring with me courageous bunch of awesome souls into this wonderful year.
  • I will still bring with me, my intuition, my feeling, my heart that beats and senses things better than my mind. They have never failed me.
  • I will bring with me my faith in all good things in life.
  • I will bring with me my sense of wonder.
  • I will bring with me an empty mind so it will be filled with new lessons and experiences. Though I must really thread carefully on what I want to learn next.

2012, really thank you. I could list down how eventful my life from the beginning until the end of the year but that will be such a bore. You know. I know. That's enough. I have to let you go now. I have to enter 2013, another floodgate will open for me. I can feel it. But without you, 2012, I wouldn't be who I am now and I wouldn't be ready to embrace what's in store for me. It was a blast and now it will be part of my precious memory.

Hope you will have a great year ahead too, dear readers!

C.S. Lewis said it best - "There are far, far better things ahead than any we leave behind."

If you ask me what the most memorable and impactful moment of my life was - it would have been this;
my very own event "Dîner en Noir". Didn't know it was possible, it was merely a stupid idea.
(Thursday, 30th of August 2012)
Image courtesy of Brian Tracy's FB page.

No comments: