Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wall Arts

Recently I'm quite in the "artsy-fartsy" mode. Just recently been to the Singapore Biennale 2008 and took more than 400 photos (which I promised I will share a few of the artworks that I'm impressed with soon) and now I am being introduced with a different type of work of art. Something that is actually functional for the house.

And this website has quite a few "unique" designs of wall art that either make your jaw drops or wonder if that is really a piece of art, like this piece over here.

Normally, when we think about wall art, we tend to think about canvas oil paintings/canvas wall art, being one of the most common piece of art for most homes. I personally love more abstract pieces but everybody has its own tune to to arts.

There's also another kind of art that is revolutionizing home owners now. Metal wall art. Yeah, it may be heavy and bulky but I have to admit, some of their metal wall art are really exquisite! You should check out this page and after seeing some, you wouldn't even realize that they are actually made of metals!

Even though I don't own my own roof yet at this moment, but I can't help to appreciate such items. It's a feeling I can't really describe but when certain "art" speaks to you, even though it may just be on in the display window of a shop, you know it has touched you in a special way. Hope you'll find your special "wall art" one of these day. I haven't really found mine too, may be till I get my own roof. :)

No comments: