Sunday, February 22, 2009

I Miss Paris Badly

My last post to fulfill my promise to my friend so that I'll not be eaten as his lunch (hmpf) ... will be a rant from my heart, which many of you would have already known anyway. Yes ... it's
I MISS PARIS BADLY!!!!!!!!

:'(
My body is here but my heart is really there. Yes, you may say I'm just a tourist there and of course I'll miss it since I was there to play and not to work and live. I can't completely disagree with that thought either but there was something about France I really like!

Some of my friends in Asia said if I do live there, I'll not get used to their super quiet "Sunday" where most of the major shops are closed. Well, people there apparently don't SHOP as much as people in Asia, but I just love it! What I really miss the most is the quality of the conversation I'm able to get while I'm with the locals there. And I love how much care and thoughts they give into what they buy, what they eat, their culture, their history, etc. It's amazing.

At times like this I can't help but wonder why is Europe so far away? Why I can't stand the aircon in Singapore and I was pretty much happy during the cold winter in Europe (with the right gear of course!!!). But if there's one thing I really really love about Asia ... Singapore and Indonesia in particular ... that will be the convenience of the public toilets system! I'll not take that for granted! With a small bladder like mine ... toilets are like my bestest friend ever!!! But, then I survived too when I was there. With the bulky winter clothes and my heavy backpack, I still survive the toilets adventure!

I really hope Hiro from Heroes will just zap me there whenever I want ... ah well, for now I can only stare at the photos I've brought back and give thanks to the experience that I already have. I'll just tell myself, Paris, I'll be back.

6 comments:

ChrisB said...

I really do hope you get to visit Paris again. I know how much you enjoyed it first time around. :)

Unknown said...

I, too hope you'll return! xx

D.D. said...

Hi Supergran and Johnag!
Thank you so much for dropping by and leaving comments. And I really hope I'll be able to return soon and this time I'll drop by the UK and visit both of you! John owes me fish n chips! :D
*hugs*

willowtree said...

Maybe you should see if you can actually move there.

D.D. said...

WT .... hmmm .... I don't mind for short term but long term ... I will be too far from my parents. But definitely something to ponder upon when my French is a little bit better than now. :p

J.H said...

ayo migrate nih don... mumpung Euro lagi murah :P :P :P