Tuesday, December 7, 2010

How Do Good Things Keep Happening?

You may or may not believe in luck, but if there is only one thing you choose to believe, put your bet on "positive energy".

"Oh come on, don't sell what those motivational gurus are constantly preaching!", you might say. But I sincerely not. By nature and by my upbringing, I am not a very positive person. I may look like ball of sunshine but my inner world resembles Darth Vader's.

Being a Scorpio, I am born with extra DNA of envy and jealousy. Not to mention the extra built-in self destructive mechanisms, the potential damage is unimaginable.

Being an Asian in the traditional Asian upbringing, I was always being compared to others who are better than me. Thinking that being an only child, I should not have any siblings rivalry problems. But alas, there are always the cousins, the neighbors, the kids of my parents' friends, etc. The list go on.

Growing up with the voices that you are never good enough coupled with the idea that the grass is always greener wherever you are not on it, no matter how many blessings you are given, you will be blinded by your own self pity. Proven! By me!

Until recently, some shits happened at work and in my personal life. For few days I went into destructive mode, towards myself and others. Thankfully I bounced back fast. I need to, it's survival mode. I can choose to destruct further, that is a very easy choice indeed, something I have been practicing for quite sometimes. Or, I can really start growing up and take charge of my life again.

Because life doesn't care whether you are happy or miserable. It's really up to you. Life moves on. The quicker you bounce back and follow the rhythm of life, the faster you will see good things start to happen to you. It did, to me. Seriously! Once I made the decision to move on and fight for what I think I deserve, I get it and even more.

A few of the early X'mas surprises are: 2 of the stocks I invest, laid eggs into my bank account. Not much, but it was still a very nice surprise. My job is taking a really good turn after I requested for it and be a little "proactive" than usual. The old saying, ask and you shall receive, I received! Beating the inflation big time.

Currently I stopped taking French lesson (something that I really love though kinda lose the steam a bit) in order to save more money to invest into the market. Who would have known, by supporting my friend who participated in a singing contest, she won free French lesson at my school and gave the voucher to me as she has no need of it. I was shocked and impressed at how the universe works.

So, how do good things keep happening?
Never stop believing in them.
Never stop imagining them.
Never stop being grateful for what you already have.
Never stop fighting for what you should have.
Never settle for less than you deserve.
Never shortchange yourself for the sake of settling.

If it doesn't work where you are, may be you are better off somewhere else. Hope good things will keep happening to you. If not, they are probably just taking a break until you are ready to receive them once again.

3 comments:

Sarraceniaceae (Daraness) said...

OMG, are we on the same wave length or what?? We posted very similar notes, though yours is much more positive. Well done, D, for bouncing back. Yes, we are the species of self-pity, but we will alway hope, and work hard to be the good people, don't we? Keep it up xx

JoJo said...

Always love reading your blog! Very inspiring :)

Just want to tell you that you're special and you are who you are with your own uniqueness. To me, it's always a blessing surrounded by you :)

Cheerz for good things!

Erick March said...

I know how destructive you are. Hihi...