Saturday, September 22, 2012

What If They Talk About You?





Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter. - Dr. Seuss

Does the quote above sound familiar to you? It's one of those famous quote that has been repeated so many times that it becomes a cliché. But guess what, cliché can really be a great reminder to life. Sometimes what you need is to really keep it simple. 

A really great friend came to remind me of this quote recently. Though I have heard of it countless of time, but the beauty of pure and simple truth is that ... they speak to you in unexplainable manner. 

I have many friends. Many different groups of people. As I progress through life, I have learned to shed as many skins and masks as possible because carrying them around add weights to my soul. I feel so much lighter to simply be who I am at whatever occasion. I never turn back from such lifestyle anymore. 

As I share my life freely with people who are willing to listen, I hold nothing back because what's there to hold back? If you are willing to listen, I'm willing to tell. Was I naive? Maybe. But it's through my naiveness I put the quote above to the test, then I learn who really do matter. 

You see, I have learned that instinctively you will know who the people worthy of your stories are. Your heart knows. Normally, they may surprise you, because a great heart is never defined by their social status, wealth, intelligence, education level, words they say, things you do together, time you spend with each other and all other superficial matters. Some people simply stuck in the high-school mentality where they are busy observing and commenting on the lives of others without first understanding them. I believe you know one or two of such people, don't be disheartened. If you know people who talk unceasingly behind your back, you can be rest assured that you are on the right track. Your life is so much more colourful, interesting and awesome that they'd rather talk about yours than theirs. 

Eventually, you will discover true gems. Great hearts. Great souls. Once you are able to drop the pretense, disassociate from the negatives and "detox" the unwanted attentions; only then good things flood into your way. True story. 

Rare gems tend to hide underneath the dirts. So, don't mind the dirts, you may be closer to the gems than you know. Let the dirts slide through you, keep uncovering. Eventually, you will know who shine the brightest and naturally you'll be drawn to them too, because you are worthy of that.

No comments: