Friday, August 24, 2012

My Master Who Cried

I had a master (sifu) who cried.
He cried when a song touched his heart.
He cried when he saw the elderlies were still cleaning the tables.  
He cried when students appreciated his works.
He cried when he knew there was so much to do but so little time left.

My sifu has cried more and more as time went by. He didn't seem to be inhibited by what others might think of him. He just let his emotions poured out. I couldn't understand it in the beginning. "He's a man. He's a public figure. He should be tough." - I thought to myself. 

But apparently, my thoughts were the truths.
"He's a man!"
"He's a public figure!"
"He's tough!"
Hence he cried. 

He had no problems in showing his emotions. 
He had no needs to mask his feelings. 
He was who he was.  

My sifu has passed away. But, as time goes by, I feel that he's more alive than ever. His lessons are never ending. Guess that's what legacy feels like. You don't need to change the world, but when you have touched a few hearts, you already are changing their worlds.

No comments: