Thursday, August 9, 2012

Buy a Pair, Give a Pair

I've been living with my eyeglasses for almost my entire life. The first time my parents discovered I really needed glasses, when I was 3 years old. I started to read book or watch TV with very close proximity. They knew then I needed a pair immediately. Since then, I've never lived without my glasses. Always surrounded by so many of them. There's always a spare one too lying around just in case I broke one somehow. If I could collect all the specs I've ever worn, I couldn't imagine what kind of mini tower would have been created. It was quite a pity that once it has of no usage, it was immediately being tossed away. Nothing much one can do about it with those old dorky frames and customized lenses.

However, one company had an idea and managed to at least make this industry more than pure consumerisms. They create a "Buy a Pair, Give a Pair" program - for every eyeglasses sold, a pair will be given out to people in need. Based on their research, approximately one billion people don't have access to affordable eyeglasses which may possibly increase their income by 20% or even assist students in seeing better in class. Love the idea that this company, Warby Parker, walked the extra miles in working together with experienced non-profit partners to ensure each sale will actually help someone in need.

Such awareness needs to be made known of. You may check out their Youtube Video on how this program really works. Keep it up, Warby Parker! It's always nice to know when companies are able to turn profit into an opportunity to give to the society.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you are finding Cheap but Fashion glasses, i would like to recommend GlassesShop.com for their large variety of frames for men, women and children as well as their very reasonable prices.