Thursday, August 2, 2012

My First Guest Blogging Experience with The Local Nose

I have one of the best news today.

The Local Nose (TLN), a Singapore-based wine recommendation website, wine locator, and consumer wine information hub; was generous and open-hearted enough to invite me as one of their guest blogger.

Honestly, I was very nervous when the organizer, Lucia, approached me. I don't think I am good enough since I am not a wine expert at all and yet I am supposed to contribute to a wine site. 

However, the encouragement given by TLN was priceless. They simply asked me to be who I am, observe with my own child-like eyes (ehem) and write about my experience about anything that is related to wine. That got me very excited and so, voila ... my very first article for TLN - When Rojak Met Riesling.

The article was written after one of our private wine tasting event where we tried to pair up local food, in this case - Rojak, with a few bottles of wine. Like a match-making agency, we will then give a verdict on which wine was the best fit with the Rojak. To each its own though. Nobody was right or wrong. Everyone is and always entitled to their own opinion; as wine tasting is indeed a very personal and subjective experience.

Appreciate your kind support to have a look at my very first "live" baby and feel free to give comments and FB like it. :) Merci beaucoup!

1 comment:

Christian said...

Thanks for sharing that, seems you guys had a fun evening. I like the writing style! Makes me want to try Rojak with Riesling also :-).