Monday, May 7, 2007

Cellphone That Saves Lives

Have you heard of cellphone that saves lives?
I did. Through Sheryl Crow's advertisement below:



But, the real kick was when I watched Oprah and Bono went shopping. So, I got myself into shopping mode too and I remembered Sheryl Crow in the process and voila, MotoRAZR Red is mine now. :p

Oprah & Bono Went Shopping:


The (RED) Campaign was originated by Bono (U2) and Bobby Shriver. What a brilliant concept where people can spend and save at the same time. I'm so so sold. Together they have created the (RED) campaign that supports The Global Fund and up to date they have achieved the following in less than 4 years:

· 770,000 people with treatment for HIV and AIDS
· nearly 9 million people with voluntary HIV testing
· more than 1 million orphans with care and support
· 2 million people with treatment for tuberculosis
· more than 22 million people treated for malaria
· nearly 18 million families with insecticide-treated mosquito nets

So, after being so sold by Sheryl Crow & Oprah (who else...), I went to get my own MotoRAZR V3M RED to support this noble cause. Not that I need another phone. I've never fancied any other phone than Nokia. But, since it's my long time fetish to own a flip phone and since this flip phone will buy so many pills for the AIDS victims in Africa. Why not?

And on top of that, I have great friends who are supporting this cause in our own unique way. We get a new spoke person to promote the MotoRAZR RED and that is our beloved Doraemon (whom
Miss Cooking Pot said the shape of his head is the same as the shape of his buttock -.-) and Doraemon is doing the same ad as Sheryl Crow (well, last part of it) and we are doing it in 4 different languages (except Japanese, unfortunately, none of us know how to translate that :p). So we started off with English, Bahasa Indonesia, Cantonese and finally Hok Kien.



Since we are amateurs, we did mistake for the first time round, here's our NG (No Good) shot due to Miss Cooking Pot who forgot her line -.-.



Hope you'll be inspired and continue to support the (RED) Project. :-) You can find out more at www.joinred.com.

I am also sharing more videos by other celebrities but nobody has made an impact like Sheryl Crow did.

Chester Bennington (Linkin Park):


Chris Rock:


Kanye West:


For the complete list of other artists who are promoting the Motorola Red, you can check out this link. You may find others like Rick Rubin, Molly Sims and Shaun White. They are all awesome.

Join (RED)! Save Lives!



No comments: