Tuesday, May 15, 2007

What Makes You Feel Alive?

So ... what makes you feel really ALIVE?

I've asked a few people to give me one-word answer ... though some of them did ramble and their answer can easily fill up an A4 size paper ... but most of them are pretty interesting ...

What do I mean by being alive?
To me ... it brings you joy so much that even it only lasted for 10 seconds but that 10 seconds feels like a lifetime and you'll cherish it as long as your heart still beats.

My personal answer is I feel alive when I give. Giving makes me feel alive. Not during someone's birthday but when someone is not expecting and knowing that they appreciate
and grateful for what I've done ... that feeling feeds me like oxygen.

Some people say crying makes them feel alive ... some say drawing ... some say when they are inspired and ...

-.- oh my goodness ... i just got one answer that asked me to wait until tonight and I'll get the answer .... -.-

Anyway, one of the most profound answer I've got is when my friend said "breathing". And hence my nickname now says D.D. is breathing ... another friend of mine said it's inevitable that we are breathing but to me ... human has taken breathing for granted. It's the source of life and the first step to make you feel ALIVE.

Imagine at every breath that you take, you feel the joy and richness in life ... I don't need to wait till I give to make me feel "alive" I just need to breathe ... isn't that amazing and profound?

I'm not sure whether this friend of mine will ever read my blog but I wanna thank her for her profound answer though she may be crapping at that moment ... as she changed her answer in the end but to me it's the best answer I've ever heard and I'll remember it every time I breathe.

No comments: