Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Reminiscence

For those who've loved and lost ...
And wonder if time will wash away all the pains and memories ...
Unless you have a selective amnesia, pains and memories remain.

17th April 2008, will mark 3 years anniversary of my one and only beloved dog, Kiky, passing away to another realm. For those who know me, I put my dog above all else. Even above myself.

You must be thinking that I'm crazy as some of you must have lost loved ones who are actually human beings. Well, I think losing a being, physically or emotionally, surpasses the notion whether he/she is a human or not.

Though 95% of the time I treasure and remember great moments she had given me, but it's that 5% of reliving the lost that is tough. And when those moments come, I can't help but being swept away. I lost control of myself.
You think 13 years is enough to be with someone or you think half a year is too short but when it comes to losing, I don't think time has anything to do with it.

So, how do one get over it? I don't know. I don't think it's possible to get over it. I think the main lesson is in living with it and each time the memory haunts you, it will not be as bad as before. And slowly, it'll be 99% of great moments and 1% pain. But through pain, we draw strength and wisdom to move forward and do better next time.

"Time goes by but life stands still to the moment we used to share."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I UNDERSTAND HOW U FEEL
cuz how u feel is how i feel too
i place my dog above all else too
cuz.. their love towards us
is different from how humans love us =x
reminds me of my Lassie
@_@