Monday, April 14, 2008

When Slippery Floor Met Bird Shit

Saturday, 12 April 2008
2.30PM

It was a rainy afternoon. I was strolling alone with a cup of bubble tea on my hand. The weather was not so bad but the floor was wet. It just poured heavily before that. I thought I was going to have a smooth walk for at least 10 minutes. Who knows fate had different plan for me.

I stepped on a metal plate on the concrete floor and my shoes didn't have any grip at all and ... BAM ... I slipped as if I just had one of the ride in the playground. I'm not afraid of embarrassment. And I was not even concerned with the wounds I had on my elbow. But I was pissed that my clothes were dirty.

Sunday, 13 April 2008
Around 9PM

It's not a rainy day as I recalled. So, I made really sure I didn't slip off again. And I was once again strolling down the road and this time with 2 of my friends. Suddenly, I felt something on top of my head. And at that point of time, lots of birds were flying around as if they were rushing back home. I knew it at that moment, I just got myself "the gift" from heaven.

You must be thinking, damn, what a weekend I just had. I was thinking about that too if my whole weekend only consisted by those 2 eventful activities. Fortunately, there are so many more colourful activities in my life. I explored new places and food. I met my old friends. I made my friends cleaned my hair for me (aww... aren't they sweet? but may be behind that they were cursing and swearing haha... I wouldn't know) and I made everybody laughed when I told them bird passed motion on me ... that's fun.

I'm just glad out of the 48 hours of my life, I didn't let that few minutes stole the limelight away from my great experiences to come. If I'm able to rewrite the entry for those days, they will be:

Saturday, 12 April 2008

Jelius, my genius friend was back in Singapore. So glad I managed to catch up with her again. She's my junior, she's younger than me by 3 years. And she's one hell of an independent lady. She is well known (made by yours truly) for being able to explore Singapore all alone by the public transport (bus and MRT) only with simple instructions from me. She also managed to explore part of Sentosa island all by herself and since this was her 2nd time in Singapore, she finally had her revenge to explore further (as the last time she came it was raining cats and dogs). But alas ... this time it's also raining heavily. Aih -.-" ... but she's still as chirpy as ever and I believe there'll be the 3rd coming of Jelius.


If anybody is wondering what happened to the top I'm wearing ... it's gone ... I over-cleaned it. The parts with stained are turning white. HUAH!!!! I'm just grateful I'm able to capture the memory of it in this photo. Though it didn't really do justice to it! :( Hicks. But oh .. well ... it'll be part of my pajamas collection now.

I also managed to try one of the nicest tiramisu in Singapore. Aih .... :-) ... that did make my day. It's from Jones, the Grocer at Dempsey. Geez. It's really great. :-)



Sunday, 13 April 2008

So have you ever wondered who were my two helpers with the "bird shit" incident?



The tallest one is Enny and the other one is Michelle (I like to call her Thing2). And yes, both of them are also 3 years my juniors and yes, I'm much shorter than them for goodness sake. (Bearing in mind, Enny has been nice to me by wearing flats as she knows no matter what she wears, I'll still be shorter than her anyway).

If you ever wonder why most of my friends are much younger than me? Well, it's like reliving my high school all over again. I'm not sure why this happened but I think it may be one of the contributing factor to make me stay ... "youthful"? Hahaha .. or may be even "kiddie".

After all, the falling down and the bird shit didn't spoil my day at all. My day is how I want it to be and it's been filled with joy and fun. I hope everyone is also choosing to make your day a happy one too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BIRD SHIT LOLS~!~!~!
=x