Monday, May 26, 2008

It Was Once A Phobia

Yes ... it was ...
When anybody mentioned "its name", I'll shun them off. I'm appalled to even think about "it". Well, that was donkey years ago.

Now, who is not familiar with the word - insurance? Do you know how advanced this industry has become? Not only it has the cheaper range and those traditional life, mortgage insurance but there's even divorce insurance. Gee. What's that all about, man? I've no idea.

How did I overcome my phobia of insurance? Surprisingly, it was in my first job, I get to know this client who then introduced me to my current agent. From there I just took the most basic of everything. And within 1 year (or less, can't remember) I have already made my first claim! Can you believe it? It has helped me really well, since I'm quite injury prone -.-" (not the major one, thank God)

So, since I've reaped the benefits, I'm no longer holding on to my phobia, but I learn to embrace it. I'm not a preacher either, why should I? I don't even get commission for preaching it, but at the very uncertain time like now, it's best to have some "safety net" behind our back. Even though it may not be the right tool for everyone, for those who have trouble saving, it can be another great tool to train up your discipline in saving.

Ah well ... just remember to do homework, compare from every companies you know and choose the best plan for you. Not everything should be accepted just because the "expert" says so. In the end, you are the master of your own life.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello uncle.hahahaha.guess who?

D.D. said...

haha! aunty ... i think i know who lor! haha .. thanks for dropping by :D

Anonymous said...

eh..ur driving test will be near my bday, so if you pass....we can go celebrate.aunty's treat!okokokok????hahahahaha.

Anonymous said...

We prefer the term "Marriage Insurance" as opposed to "Divorce Insurance" since the biggest payoff is for people who actually stay married. Feel free to visit our website www.safeguardguaranty.com and drop me an email if you'd really like to learn more.