Sunday, March 27, 2011

I Can't Answer It, Can You?

Urgh!

Since my verbal constipation has ended, I am on the roll! But if the other 2 regular visitors come - laziness and procrastination, my roll may be disturbed again. Oops. But since they are not here, I'd better move quick.

Anyway, I have been asking myself this one question on regular basis since the longest time. But I still can't answer it. I then thought I could steal some answers from others by asking them the same question. Alas, their answers are simply not mine. It doesn't click at all. Back to square zero I go.

The question is:
If money is not a problem, what would you do now?

This question supposedly able to unlock your passion, purpose, motivation, etc. But I can't answer it.

Most say they will travel around the world. I try to inject myself into that scenario. But I'm not the traveling type. I don't need to see the entire world to realize life is already perfect where I am. Seriously. If I ever need to travel, it's not the place that gives meaning to the journey. But the people and the experiences are the ones that make a place comes alive.

Some say they will do some kind of business; dog cafe, new clothing line, etc. That makes sense. Ventures need cash. At least they know what they love and simply need some funds to fuel them further. Good for them.

Me, nothing is clear yet. If I have the money, what will I do daily? For sure I will visit my parents more often. But as for activities that give meaning to my life, I am still not sure. Guess for now, I will accept that and hopefully, things will be clearer as I move forward.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

7 comments:

Dora said...

I don't need travel to realise home is great. I travel because home ISN'T. ;)

Ah...so that's why you were asking.

Curiously enough, on a similar note, while I've been trying to find my passion for ages, I don't consider travel to be one of them. Not sure why.

For a few years, my passion was hockey. But now, I don't think I care as much anymore.

For a while, my passion was climbing. And then I came back to HK and climbing is kinda shit, so it's lost now.

Maybe passion to me is something you can do all the time, on a regular basis. I can't go on holidays all the time. :(

But if your "passions" are fleeting like that....are they still passions?

D.D. said...

:o ... Dora ... you were here!
*jaw dropped*

Thanks for dropping by! Honoured!

Haha yesh ... that's why I was doing "mini survey" (pool of <15 people) haha!

Interesting question you posed!

Now ... may be I have zillion of passions that don't last haha! May be my purpose in life is to have more temporary passions. Either that or we simply haven't found the real essence of our purposes in life yet.

It's there somewhere, we just can't grasp it yet ... may be.

Sarraceniaceae (Daraness) said...

If I had money I'd buy a house and another (not-so-green) car, and make sure I have enough in bank account for retirement, and give loads to my folks and that's all I'd do. I work and work and work for my retirement (marriage + kids not in my plan so I need to be OK by myself when old) and if I had money I don't need to worry so much about it. Other stuff, little hobbies and passion etc. are all covered even today (they cost so little), and I still have to work for VISA issues, so things will carry on as is for a while even after money. One day at a time, that's my style, a little change will go a long way.

Dora said...

I've been lurking now and then, even before we met. :)

But who says we have to have a passion? Can we dabble in many little things that we like? If they all make us happy, do we really need to find that One Big Thing?

D.D. said...

@Dara:
We kinda share the same plan on getting a house, retirement and giving back to parents :) And ditto again where marriage + kids simply not in my plan too. For this, both of us really need to make sure we are financially sound!!!! We have to be doubly independent! So what are you doing financially now besides working to ensure this?

Great your little hobbies and passion are covered even as we speak now! Lucky you :) So what are your hobbies?

Ah ya ... Visa ... :( Hope you'll get it sort out soon ... soon! If not ... come to Singapore :D But car is blahdy expensive here!!!!

Take care, DEE!!

D.D. said...

@Dora ... the other D!
Haha ... geez. So many Ds are here :) Happy! D Rocks!

*Gasp*
You've been lurking even before we met .... :o *twilight zone music* haha ... thanks thanks. Nice meh my blog ... so sparsely updated haha!!! *Shy*

Don't think anybody should or should not have a passion ... as long as one's happy with whatever their choice is ... so be it.

But I'm not "that" happy you see. Feel there's something greater than this. Hence all the questions. But after ranting and yakking ... feel better :) Seems like things will really just unfold by themselves. We'll see :D

VD said...

I think for me the more appropriate question now would be:

If ENERGY is not a problem, what would you do now?

LOL

Will give you the answer when we meet ahahahahah:P