Friday, September 2, 2011

Thank You for Letting be Your "Anyhow" Teacher

This post may come a little bit too late but I would like to wish Happy Teachers' Day to those who teach in the traditional manners and to those who don't. I dedicate this post instead to my ex-students who still bother to see me as a teacher!

I used to be a teacher for a super duper short time ... so short that even with one hand, you can count the number of months I really taught. And if you scrutinize further the hours I did teach ... it was so measly that I wonder did I really deserve to be called a teacher?

Nevertheless, until today, I keep in touch with 2 precious students of mine. Both, cutely, used to be childhood best friends. One (Ms. Ding Dong) wished me over FB - an award winning media student, the other one (Aunty Cheng) sent me a Whatsapp message and currently is pursuing her career as a teacher, she's quite a sought-after tuition teacher herself.

Though honestly, academically I taught them NOTHING as I myself didn't know what I was teaching about. Don't ask me anything about Chemistry and Mathematics. There's a reason why I scored only A in the subject called - Tao of Action Learning. I am grateful enough to have their friendships. One helps me update all kind of perks, deals and latest gossips in town. One helps me to hunt down things from Paris then wrote me a postcard and said "Paris nice meh?". Geez ... tell me who's the lucky one here? I am.

Thank you, for letting me be your "teacher". Even 7 years have passed, you both are no longer in that yellow/blue uniforms, it's a miracle we still maintain our friendships. Here's to more years to come and by then I believe I will still look as young as you both! HUMF!

Love you all!

17th October 2005 - Celebrating Lonceng Ding Dong's birthday

8th December 2008 - Catching Up with Aunty Cheng @ Ya Kun

1 comment:

belle said...

hi lembu!! wahhh such a nice post! <3 <3 i want to cry already. LOL!! and thank you for being such a nice teacher, you truely taught me alot not just maths! you taught me that teachers can go beyond teaching and also forge friendships. i'd like to think it as a miracle really :D we have a teacher student relationship!! (pun intended) HAHAHA!! i love you!!! <3