Sunday, March 11, 2012

Authenticity

Gone is the time where I just wanted to fit in
Or so, I think and feel
As the numbers are catching up with my age
I feel more comfortable in my own skin
Even with my insecurities and doubts
I don't feel the need to hide it anymore
It's me, my friends. It's me.

I am full of flaws
I am full of questions and wonders
I am ... comme ca ...
What you see, is really what you get
Unfortunately sometimes it comes with some turbulent moments
But mostly good, I hope ...

Ultimately, one life ... live it authentically
So authentic that when others imitate you ... feel honoured
As they don't know better and they look up to you
So authentic that you do things because you want to
Not because you need to please anyone

In the end, more authentic souls will come to you
Join you in this dance of life

As it takes up so much more energy to be someone else, why don't you just be yourself?

No comments: