Friday, March 16, 2012

The Other Precious Commodity in Our Lives

People tend to say that we have to use our time wisely as it's precious. Once it's gone, it's gone. But what if, you have all the time, then what other commodity is precious in your life? Erm, no, I am not talking about Titanium (David Guetta's song that I have been mad about for almost 1 week).

That reminds me of a friend, a very dear friend of mine, who has a heart of gold and a mind of a sage, with a pool of wisdom to share with so many people. A true giving and loving soul. She has the time, she has the drive but she lacks of energy. It's something she's still fighting to regain back. Really hope she will win the war so that she can do so much more.

Remembered one time, when we were excitedly planning for our next food adventure. The place is a bit far. We haven't really set the time yet. I said something like we must plan the time wisely. She said,"and I need to manage my energy wisely too." We laughed. But I know there were so much more in that one sentence. Something that we tend to take for granted as it's something so normal for us, is something that is so rare for her. But in her despair, she still finds a silver lining in it. Seeing the bright side and making an effort to still enjoy life to the fullest. What a rare soul. She still remembers my birthday and always chooses something that she knows will speak to me. She puts in her limited energy in all these small thoughts without expecting anything in return!!!! She's doing it out of pure love.

Her life story is a wake-up call for me on how have I been using my time and energy. Have I spent it wisely? I know most of the time I am pretty upbeat. I don't get tired
easily. I don't need 10 hours of sleep to recuperate. I laugh. I joke. I give my attention to whoever I am interacting though sometimes interrupted by the use of my BB. I think. I create. I crap. I consider myself blessed and lucky in this sense. But with such luck, what have I done with it? Even if I think I have done good, has it really been worth it?

My time is indeed limited but my energy is as precious. Have I been spending it at the wrong places? A question that I really need to answer on my own. Only we can decide if something is worth our breath or not. In the end, it's the quality of the things you choose that matters more than the quantity.

18.11.2011 - A precious and thoughtful gift from Miss P. You really have been God-sent.
Thank you for being my friend, can't believe we met online and love you lots!


2 comments:

VD said...

You just make me cried Ziphoo DD :') I am so touched by this wonderful post:)

Merci Beaucoup,

u know who I am heheheh :P

D.D. said...

Hugs Hugs :) Thanks for the lessons you have shared! And I am waiting for more to come from you. :)