Sunday, March 11, 2012

Retiring

Guest post written by my buddy Aldo Mays

When my parents decided to retire in Florida, I thought they had lost their minds. They had always lived in New York, and I thought they wanted to live there forever. We had never discussed them moving to Florida, so it just wasn’t on my radar. I was sad that they wouldn’t be near me anymore, and my sister and I knew the move would mean a lot of work for us. Our parents haven’t moved in forever, so they had no idea how to organize everything. They knew the general area they wanted to live in, but other than that they were clueless. They decided to keep their apartment in New York and buy a condo in Winter Park. Once that was all taken care of, we were relieved. My sister and I insisted they get clear wireless internet winter park so that we could video chat at least once a week. We taught them how to use the computer before they left, and then they were on their way. I can’t wait to go and visit them in the warm weather this winter!

No comments: