Tuesday, April 10, 2007

"I Quit"

Not me ... don't worry. But for my regular readers, please don't expect something happy and chirpy out of this post. Cause I'm again in my dark aura realm. Beware!

So many of you know I'm the type who'll try to see the positive out of anything but this time I can't help it. I've to do what most Singaporeans love to do. COMPLAIN!!!! And I'm going to discriminate a little ... though I hate it but heck ... I ain't give a damn this time.

First of all, I'm in the property business ... to look for a local (Singaporean) cleaner to work for is very tough ... unless you outsource it to 3rd party company, but that'll be really costly. For the business like mine, it'll be advisable to have an in-house helper. And boy, I can't be more than grateful enough to have my assistant, my trusted cleaner until today. Why? Because she said "If you want me to do that, I'll quit". I was like WAT????

The job is ain't easy but it ain't difficult too. Not all units need cleaning here. Not everyday either. So you may find my cleaner shaking legs for 3 days in a week .... I'm fine with it. Why? cause most of the objectives are met. It's not about how many times you spend in a job, but whether you deliver the results. To me, I hold dearly to the concept as that's been passed down from my boss too.

But today, my cleaner threw tantrum ... why? Because I wanted her to iron all the bedsheets WHEN SHE HAS THE TIME. OWN TIMING. Because one of the customer complained and she said if you want me to do that, I'll resign, with her soprano voice that even creatures in Pluto may hear.

So, there was a pretty ugly fight between her and me which was all resolved just by not asking her to do any ironing of the bedsheets at all and I throw $200 for her to buy as many bedsheets as she wants. Case closed there. And she's quiet.

What I'm not happy about is how people can make small stuff become big stuff ... and talk it so not diplomatically .. and i seriously wanted to use the term "low life animal" ... I'm that angry. I'm angry because out there people are complaining money is so difficult to earn, but when money is given to their face, they are spoilt and want to work less for more. That's fish! Then the constant complaining how others are bad bad bad bad ... OMG for goodness sake ... if your job I offered to any of my countrymen, not only I'll get cheaper rate and may be better job and less complaining. Why??? Because those people have harder life and jobs are harder to come by too. But heck ... I'm not in my own land ... and it's not that my own land is that fantastic too -.-

So ... after so much of rambling and ranting ... I realize ... I really want to discriminate women for being so emotional and petty at times ... it's definitely true that working with men is much better than women (in my own experience) ... but of course there are great women out there ... but generally, men work better when they are not as emotional and see things as they are. Which mean this statement is for myself, I wonder how many times have I been in the emotional roller coaster which may have caused distress to others without me realizing. Boy, that's really tough to put up with.

I'm angry how people easily use the word quit without using brain ... but I wonder which one is better .. not quitting and keep biting your own tongue or just slam it down ... hmmm I'm in dilemma here ... but seriously if I'm able to find replacement fast, I would have sacked her on the spot. Unfortunately, in Singapore, it's very difficult to find people to be full time cleaner (you can ask other cleaning companies on this too). I've interviewed dozens of them ... they are so picky ... I TELL YOU!! .... How? Well, they'll say ... too far from home, no food centre nearby, pay too low, job too hard, transport too inconvenience, work too long hour, etc .... OMG WAKE UP!

With this kinda mentality, I seriously wonder where this country will go next ... I know there are great people and stuff .... but people mostly want only the good and don't want to go through hardship (and I may be the one in this ship too) ... and they expect prosperity to fall down their head? Wait long long.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANGER
"People who anger you, control you."

sounds familiar? wahahahahahahahhaa
chiiillllll.. chill.. or u want more chilli?

Anonymous said...

i want to be cleaner xD lol

D.D. said...

Panci ... tengkiu for the comment ... ya lor i've to remember that quote bah ...

Ah Belle -.-
this post is not supposed to make you be inspired to be a cleaner ler! WALAOWE!!! haha ....

Anonymous said...

DD: wahpiang! that student of yours... cia latt!! hopeless!!

BellE: no need study liao lah.. be a good housewife and be a cleaner as ur part time job in the future. i support you!!! uhahuahuauauhuahaaa

Anonymous said...

panci: ehh nooo i wont be housewife lols.. well not sure about it HAHAHA...

lembu: i want to be part time cleaner leh hire me. i need to earn money lols.