Monday, March 17, 2008

The Monday

Today is Monday... (well, soon over for some)
To most they call it Monday blues but to one of my dearest friend it's more than that.

He called me earlier and told me his dad just passed away.
While on the other side, another friend of mine was counting down to the long weekend due to Easter holiday and how excruciating the work appears to be.

What happened to my friend's dad? Well, I don't really have much details to provide, I only know it started off with the complications of the heart (some valve or artery or .. erm .. I'm sorry, I'm really not sure :|) which led to the surgery to rectify that. The surgery went well but alas, the bloodstream was somehow infected. Until now I'm still curious at how on earth it was infected in a supposedly clean and sterile operation room. Anyway, due to the infection, it spreads to his lung and the last thing I heard from him, the kidneys failed. :(

Needless to say, his dad passed away when he's still in the unconscious mode. My friend told me even though his dad was sedated, he seemed to feel and acknowledge the presence of his dearest family members (wife, daughter, son, grandchildren, etc) and in that non-verbal manners, one of the most important words are being exchanged. I believe his dad must feel at peace and left in the happiest manner knowing everyone that matters to him was there with him.

My friend was calm in conveying the message to me too, it's like he's transcended to another realm of maturity. Well, it's only over the phone but it did sound like he's really "grown" a little bit more.

I can only send loving and peaceful vibes to him and his family. Especially his mom who really needs all the strength and courage she ever needs in life. I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank his father for bringing up such a wonderful son who've been one my greatest friend I've ever encountered despite of our differences at times. His dad will be proud to know how great a person he is. Though I'm not sure whether there's any access to internet in heaven but I believe his dad will know that he has done a great job. And to his family, I hope they will never forget that life in this earth is just temporary. This too shall pass and one day everyone will be able to meet again.


No comments: