Wednesday, October 6, 2010

One Happy Dog


“Much has been written about the loyalty of dogs, but what I love about them isn't their devotion to me so much as their devotion to being alive.” — Steven Bauer

This quote found me when I have been procrastinating about blogging (again) and straightaway I'm acting on my laziness as the story has been at the back of my mind for quite a long time.


For those of you who know me, you know I love dogs. I love them, sometimes, more than I love human beings (that includes myself). Up to this day, I still miss, think and talk about Kiky as if she is still waiting for me to come home in my hometown. Well, in a way, she is waiting for me to come "home". Can't wait to meet her.


While I'm still in this earthly sphere, I get to know 2 more dogs closely - Kaya (the dark brown one) and Guyu (the beige one). They are my friend's poodles. I swear I hate poodles. They are, to me, so ugly beyond reason, especially with their super curly hair. OMG! To this date, if I can afford to, I wouldn't choose a poodle. Not in a million years. I will still get a minpin :)


But behind those curly hairs, they are still lovely beings. So lovable that simply looking at them can bring me so much joy and simplicity. No human can do so as they are just too complicated and full of expectations. (Including moi.)

My focus today is about Guyu, the small and really frail poodle who has the fear of height. (Even though it's just as high as a cushion, she will not jump down.) Her fear is really ridiculous to the point of laughter. But, I don't think she cares. She is too busy being happy.


Guyu is definitely the happiest dog I've ever seen. She wakes up happily to embrace a new day = a new breakfast served. Then she will happily run around the house. When people start to wake up, she will happily follow them around with the occasional ankle biting game or hi-five-ing people's butt while happily jumping around. Then she will be happily supervising people doing their daily chores, walk around each room of the house and as the day goes by she will be happily going to sleep and ends the day by having another happy dream of chasing the toy or something.

She is a happy dog. She is so happy that one time I witnessed her wagging her tail when she was simply drinking water. Seriously? One is happy by drinking water when one is not even at the dessert or at the point of dying from thirst? What was in her mind when she was thinking water? As if she saw water for the very first time and decided "Hmm this tastes good and this makes me happy".

Her constant state of happiness is really contagious. It is so overwhelming and I can't help but to smile back at her every time she is just being her silly self. Guess, she doesn't know that. She doesn't know what she has brought to people around her, who have witnessed her heightened state of being. She is too busy being alive.

And I feel alive every time I am with her. Thank you, Guyu for being who you are. There are still so many lessons I need to learn from you. *Woof*


2 comments:

Desertnut said...

Hi, Donna! Love this post! Makes me want to get another dog. Missing Pumpkin so much.

D.D. said...

Desertnut!!! Thanks for dropping by and leaving a comment. I miss Pumpkin too! Still remember you shared many of his videos and photos. So cute! Those are nice memories. :)Dogs are just amazing being.