Monday, October 25, 2010

Tired of Figuring Things Out

Are you one of those, like me, who have lots of plans and plots when it comes to life?
You create benchmarks and have your own yardsticks against people around you whom you think are successful. Then you are all depressed because you are no where like them. Then you try to figure out what can be done better? Why are not as good as them? Why this? Why that? Are you? I am.

Finally I am throwing the towel of figuring things out. No point.
When I want something, I will get it.
When I can't have it. Then it's not now. May be next time.
I am tired of figuring things out. I am tired of planning and plotting.
I am tired of thinking too much and not going anywhere.
I am not them. I am me.

I am going to start living lives as how it is at this moment.
If it throws me s***, I will take the s*** and move on.
If people disappoint me, which they do, without fail, I will accept it and move on.
I learn (and I better learn it well) that s*** will always happen but no matter what happens, if you don't move on, life will. If you are not at the same pace as life, then you will be left behind, that's the truth with life. Time doesn't wait. Life doesn't wait. Then why are you sitting at the sideline watching all goes by? If you are not in the life that you want now, create it. If you think it's impossible, stop complaining then create one that is possible.

I am moving on may not be forward, it may be sideways but I am moving on, my way.

Uncovering what you really want to do is not about searching and figuring out what’s perfect. It’s about jumping in and seeing what the water is like. - Henri Junta, The Wake Up Cloud

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Just dropping by and looked at your thoughts.

great!

D.D. said...

thank you :)

Desertnut said...

I like your way of thinking, Donna! You are so right about life. What I have learned, no matter how much planning I have done, things can change in a blink of an eye! The only thing I could do is to move on and go to plan B. Life is short, just do the things that make you happy and live for the moment.