Sunday, May 22, 2011

What Can I Get Used To?

There is something about hotel rooms that I love. Sitting in this room with the to-die-for view on the 38th floor of Marina Bay Sands, makes me miss doing what I used to do with myself.

I am well known (among a few close friends) to be able to just book a hotel room for one night with no one else but myself. It was a ritual.

I love the tranquility. The availability. The amenities and most importantly, the silence and disconnected-ness.

I haven't been doing it for a while now and I think I should be doing it real soon. Life has been full of "stuffs" and "distractions" that I haven't been in touch with my inner self.

It may sound non-sensical and selfish to you. If so, you don't know me well yet. But to those who get what I just said, thank you for getting it and for accepting the way I am.

Looking out the window, I think to myself, I can get used to this. Full length window with the best view of Singapore. The serenity and awesomeness they provide are priceless. I am grateful to be where I am now by being who I am. And I am really thankful to the people who have made this possible. Even though at this moment my view is accompanied by an orchestra of snores, they are still magnificent.

Looking forward to more breathtaking views to come for the rest of my life. And even more looking forward to share my experiences with you, my beloved readers.

Hope you enjoy what I'm seeing now as much as I do.





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

dora said...

That is actually a VERY good idea. Never thought of that, prob. coz I'm too cheapskate, and also coz I'm obsessed about making good use of my time and "doing" something - sitting in a hotel room isn't "doing". (Although I've just spent two hours watching Glee...huh)

D.D. said...

Hahaha. Thanks, Dora. Your comment always makes my day. Can't believe you actully watch Glee! What attracts you to it? I fell asleep watchng the first episode. Haha.

I think "doing" has been so ingrained in us that we forget to balance it out with "being". Till this date I find hard to jus "be" too. No wonder my list of TV shows to follow can't seem to be shorter. :p