Monday, March 9, 2009

You Should Never Be Too Impressed By People With Good Manners

I have stopped watching Desperate Housewives and most of the TV shows since I came back from Europe. Today, I got bored and decided to watch it again. I am again being reminded what a great TV series Desperate Housewives is. It is not the drama between the ladies that I am realized I miss but there are only 2 things I fall in love all over again with what the great writers behind have done. The beginning and the ending. The soul of each and every episode has been written in such a profound manner by the writers. And in this week's episode, the ending simply hit such a high note with me that I couldn't help to share it with all of you. Its wisdom is so profound that sometimes we need to be reminded of what we tend to forget.

"You should never be too impressed by people with good manners, they are the ones who will give a friendly wave even if they've stolen from you. They're the type who sweetly welcome you even as they tried to uncover your secrets. They are the kind to offer you coffee, even as they report you to the police. And don't be too offended by someone who's openly rude, because they may be that way for the nicest of reasons." - Desperate Housewives

Have you found yourself in such situation? Where you are impressed with someone good manners and behind it all, a samurai has been waiting to slice you up in pieces? Ah well, I have. Though my experience was definitely not as dramatic as those you watch on TV but well, the surprise was shocking enough to make you realize a few atoms of your lives have simply be stolen from you.

Then, have you been to the other extreme? Where what or who's deemed to be dangerous turned out to be the best thing that may ever happened in your life? Oh, tell me about it ...

Life is so full of mystery, isn't it? It's so not straightforward especially when it contains billions of people with billions of possibilities in personalities. We can only trust our guts, prepare for the worst and expect for the best. And watch out for life advices at the most unexpected places. For me, this time, it's from Desperate Houswives Season 5 Episode 16 titled - Crime Doesn't Pay.

8 comments:

willowtree said...

What have you been drinking?

ChrisB said...

I never ever watched desperate housewives.

Anonymous said...

WT: I've been drinking water actually. Lots of it.

Supergran: Hehe ... it's okay if you've never watched, I'll try to bring their nice opening and closing line for you. That pretty much sum up the whole show and give words of wisdom for what has happened. :D

Anonymous said...

i realli love ur phrase"trust our guts,prepare for the worst,but expect for the best"

doris

Brent R Jones said...

I like the quote. Have watched the show only a few times. Good humor.

I am Zomby on Plurk, by the way.

frothe said...

Mana blog!mana!?!?1
PEMALAS!!
mana?!?!?!! hayooooo

Boon Jin Tek said...

Hi... just dropping a line after clicking on the link in Facebook...

Concerning the phrase, there's a chinese phrase "There are daggers in smiles"

It's an unfortunate thing in life that there's always people ready to use your trust against you... but i guess c'est la vie :)

belle said...

LEMBU BLOG LEH! LOLS