Thursday, July 7, 2011

What Would You Do When You Feel Helpless?

I have been very happy and upbeat these few weeks. Lots of ideas on what to write, just didn't manage to continue with it. Then suddenly, a sudden storm struck without warning to someone who's very dear to me. That's when I realize, damn, I am an emotional person. I am wrecked. I am not as cool as I think! -____-"

Suddenly a surge of helplessness takes over my body and mind, but my soul knows this too shall pass even though the battle seems really ugly. I am slowly back to a more neutral ground and hope the Universe will somehow work this one out.

Helplessness to such degree, I have never felt before. It feels awful. I wish I could do more. But I know, I can't do much.

Instead, I can BE more. I can choose:
  • to be stronger
  • to be calmer
  • to be more objective
  • to be wiser
  • to be fearless
  • to be positive, and finally
  • to be free
I allow myself to sulk and sigh for one day and it is enough. It is draining and I wouldn't want it to has its own ripple effects. Life has to go on and lessons have to be learned and one needs to let go of one has no control of. I choose to be more than what the circumstances present and I hope, no matter how helpless your situation may seem, you will always have one thing to do - to choose who you want to be next.

Image courtesy of my own album taken in Paris, France 19th December 2008 @ Musée Rodin

This month, I celebrate my own independence. I choose to be free of all negativity, anger, fear, insecurities, jealousies--and any thought that makes me feel "less than." I no longer choose to live in the prison of my mind. I choose thoughts of love, joy, prosperity, and unlimited creativity and opportunities. - Louise L. Hay

No comments: