Friday, November 18, 2011

Risk and Traveling

Recently I have been traveling quite a lot, mostly is to discover my own country. It's so big, I guess it may take a lifetime to discover into details. With my short-term memory, it doesn't really help much either. I guess I need to make multiple trips to one place. Hah! I will write more on the experiences and realizations in the few more posts to come.

To prepare for the trip, I have purchased
travel insurance quite a few times. I used to see it as a taboo product but since it has helped me last time, I will never take it for granted anymore. I will not go anywhere without my travel insurance. The amount may be quite insignificant compared to the risks one may be exposed to when one's overseas.

To me, the most crucial point when one can decide an insurance policy is useful is when one finally makes a claim on it. So far I have been very happy with the company I have been using all these while. I just learned recently that one can claim if one's flight is delayed by 6 hours. My flight back to Singapore from Yogyakarta was delayed 4 hours -_-" .... 2 more hours to be able to disturb my agent :p ... but it is not a laughing matter. I believe as long as one has arrived at the destination healthily and safely, you can't really put a price on those things.

The holiday season will soon be here, wish my dearest readers a safe and jolly holiday if you do travel somewhere. If not, still be safe and happy always! See you at the next post!

3 comments:

bus to cameron highlands said...

I have the many of the same thoughts contained in this article. It's good to know I'm not the only person who has these views. You have written an excellent quality informational article. Thank you.

car rental in singapore said...

Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon.

Hotel Booking Barcelona said...

This is really an excellent Blog ; and very informative information there – I've read. Really very useful all of them. I like them a lot. Hope – we'll get more this type of information in future days.