Wednesday, February 7, 2007

The Apprentice - What Do You Learn?


Image courtesy of Wikipedia

I'm quite a big fan of The Apprentice since the day it started. And just recently, my friend asked me what do I learn from it and she's curious about it since I followed it almost every week. So, I said I'll put my learnings in to my blog. :p ... It gives me ample time to think and formulate what actually I've learned from that show I've spent 1 hour of every week of my life.

Well, The Apprentice has only reached the 5th season here in Singapore but I'm glad MediaCorp is airing it and let everyone has the chance to be entertained and learn the glimpse of business world ala Mr. Trump.

So what have I learned out of the 5 seasons so far ... I really feel like saying that it's quite an advantage for being a MAN haha ... but ... I shall refrain from saying that. (How can I dismiss the point that 4 out of 5 winners are male?)

Anyway, here's what I've learned:
  1. When you lose the balance between emotion and logic, you'll tend to go haywire. That's been proven from so many episodes especially when there were women involved. It's so painful to watch their own ego and pride working forgetting they have important tasks at hand.
  2. Choosing the right team member when you have the chance is really crucial. Now it's the final episode in Singapore I seriously amused by the Lee's selection of his team members. Let's see how he'll pull off all his tasks. For Sean, he's really spot-on his choices. I mean, Tammy is for the obvious reason :p ... And Andrea just caught my attention since the beginning. Though she may appear stubborn at times but never once I saw her raised up her voice to others even though she's in the board room. Calm and poised lady. No wonder at the age of 31 she's already a self-made multi millionaire. :)
  3. Think out of the box. Think big! So many of the tasks won are by the members who thought big. Instead of selling at $1 to 100 people, how to sell $10 to 10 people may work better. Of course, provided you get the deal done and not just mere talk talk talk talk.
  4. And my favourite of all, drawn from Mr. Trump. Marketing, Marketing, Marketing! The Apprentice is not just a TV show to entertain and to learn, but it's a media to market his lines of businesses. So ... one stone ... few birds. Now, I'm stuck with his Trump Ice, Trump Tower, Trump Cologne, Mar-A-Lago Club, Trump Taj Mahal, Trump Books, and many many many many more to come. Haha.
For more lessons that you can draw from The Apprentice, you can visit the following links:
The Apprentice - Season 2
The Apprentice - Season 3
The Apprentice - Season 4
The Apprentice - Season 5

For more on how the candidates look like for Season 5, you can check out this video. Enjoy!



4 comments:

= Christine = said...

No wonder I can't hold the remote when the show is on! Hehe!

D.D. said...

HAHAHA! SSSSTTTTTTTTT
-.- You also wanna watch it one!
Don't pretend. >.<

= Christine = said...

Eh, why no new entry, Auntie?

D.D. said...

haiya .... was busy lar aunty ...
plus ... actually I forgot to bring my thumb drive and most of my inspirations are there! shucks -.- .... patient, my friend :p