Friday, February 2, 2007

The Invisible and Yet Important

Hello Hello ....

What I'm going to share to you next are my learning experience and the graphic may turn you off but it's necessary because I want to:
- show off, and also
- throw my own ignorance right in front of my face

So, here we go. :)

Once upon a time, when Little D.D. was only 9 years old, she was introduced to Bruce Lee and since then she has never turned back on loving martial art but most importantly the beauty of muscles! ;p ...

Since then, Little D.D. was obsessed with gym. Whenever she went to any hotel, she'll make sure she dropped by in the gym though totally inappropriately attired, she would try to at least use one of the machine before the journey ended. (And till now, she still does that ya .... -.-)

Anyway, in March 2006, D.D. managed to get hold of her long life dream. She signed up to a gym membership! Ho ho ho .... and so far it's the best investment she's ever made and has devoted the gym as her "temple". :p ....

So, how's the outcome so far? (Horrific picture showing soon :p)



Please forgive me for the very bad cropping and editing. I've no necessary software in doing so plus I ain't designer :p ... (Excuses, excuses). So, this is my bicep. I'm proud of it. Some said it's scary but heck, I love it. It's not like Bruce Lee's but heyyyyyy .... it's my hard work.

So am I done yet with this?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO .....
Why?
Well, well, well ... let's go back to small little D.D.'s story. She saw Bruce Lee's muscles and she thought those are the only muscles in his body (and will be applicable to hers) and forgetting all what she's ever learned in Biology (Honest, I totally don't know what I've learned).

So, she kept training the obvious and forgetting those who are keeping the obvious ALIVE. What on earth I'm talking about here?

Well, D.D. is currently injured. Despite the growing biceps, my forearms are weak! -.- ... (So ... no .... face!) Why? Because D.D. never trained the forearms laaaaaa .... So when I tried to lift up that 7.5 kg dumbbell, everything falls apart. La la la la .... And D.D. ended up going to physiotherapist and being mocked at too -.-! Bleh! (Need to give that doctor some good spank but can't ... still need him at that point of time)

What went wrong? Did I forget to hire that personal trainer? May be ... but mostly it's because I was pretty ignorant about the fact that ... (argh, this is totally embarassing) I was:
  • not stretching properly
  • not starting from the correct muscle group
  • not heeding the signals that my body has been giving
  • not reading exercise books properly from start to finish and skipping to the part where they teach you how to focus on the most-obvious muscles.
  • and ... many ... more ....
So, what's next?

D.D.'s currently recuperating and go to the temple, less! (ARGHHHH ..... CRYYYYYYYYYYYYYY ... God of gym don't forsake me) ... and couldn't perform certain exercise :( :( :(. Cringe!!

And start to read "Men's Health Best Sports Injuries Handbook" by Joe Kita and this time from page to page, how it's supposed to be.



So what have I learned so far? I learned that some not-so-obvious things in life are actually more crucial than those can be seen. It's just like how we think some people visible material possession and achievements are so grand and enviable, but at the back of it, those that we can't see, like their heart and soul, may be deteriorating at the speed of light. Who knows?

When it's all finally crumbling apart, then we'll know what those invisible players are and how important they are to us. Never ever take anything for granted. Including your Flexor muscles & Flexor tendons. (Those are the 2 invisible parts on your forearms ... which for mine are having mini-protest session now. Should have paid more attention in that Biology class. Ouch ....

And lastly .... Bruce Lee ah ... how you got all those muscle one? Aiyah .... I'll just copy your signature pose for now and figure out about your amazing abs later. :p


No comments: