Monday, February 26, 2007

Jennifer Hudson


Image source www.theflickchicks.com

Yay ... she won the Oscar. So happy for her ... whether her acting deserves an Oscar or not, I can't be the judge and I don't think anyone can. I must be honest secretly I'm hoping little Abigail Breslin would win though. Little Miss Sunshine has left deeper imprint than
Dreamgirls but well, I was not in the panel of judges for Oscar, so, great job, Jennifer.

What impressed me most was ... bringing myself back watching her on American Idol. Just simply by hearing her voice gave me some chills. That voice was so unforgettable, though deep inside I knew then it was quite impossible for her to win American Idol ... but who can resist such voice?

Apparently, Dreamgirls producer or even the casting director must have had the same feeling too ... hence out of hundreds of applicants (including Fantasia, so I heard). When I watched the movie, honestly I was confused who's the lead actress in the show? I thought it's Jennifer Hudson. Her acting and singing talents have overshadowed Beyonce's so much that after watching the movie, I only remember Hudson. And it seems like I was listening to great divas of old time like Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, etc ... time was really turned back when I heard her opened up her mouth.

What can I learn from her? Guess
Jennifer Hudson is the real Dream Girl. In her we see that dreams do come true in the most miraculous way possible. She was an American Idol reject ... has no experience in acting and yet she won the Golden Globe & now ... Academy Awards!!! If that's not some kind of miracle despite all the nasty words some people give .. then I have no idea what it is anymore.

I love what she said to Chicago Tribune -
"I haven't changed," she said. "My life has." We'll see how her life will evolve further after this. :) Must be an interesting journey for her.


No comments: