Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Hong Kong - Food & Shopping (1/9/07)

After the glorious food day (1/8/07), the next day we planned to go to Ngong Ping 360.


Image courtesy of Hong Kong Family Fun Guide
(I'll come out with a post of all the necessary guides you need when you are in Hong Kong. :-) ... when? wait ya ...)

But, because yours truly slept like a pig ... we didn't manage to go there (until the end of the trip.... la la la la). Yeah, I'm a piggy monkey. I know that. :p

So, we ended up hunting for this Vietnamese food that I used to eat long long time ago. (Argh ... I forgot to take their name card :( ... so no address, folks :( .... but I can show you where if you bring me there. Ke ke ke ke ...). We walked for almost 20 minutes, asked lots of people and none of them know ... at the verge of giving up, we found it!!! They have renovated, made the place bigger and oh mi gosh, so many great reviews on the food. We had come to the right place and I've only a piece of the food to share with you.



That's the rice crackers with pork slices on top (was it pork or beef ah ... oh man ... have I told you I can never be a food reviewer?):p .... So, anyway, let's skip this foodie thingie altogether.



After stuffing myself with glorious food, we decided to check out the factory outlets at Tung Chung (the same station we need to go if we go to Ngong Ping 360). The picture above was taken when we needed to walk a lot to reach the interchange. I was so drown in the super bulky winter clothing that I brought. But I have no choice ... me and cold are like "very best friend". So, better to look ugly than be frozen.

So, what's there at Tung Chung? There were the factory outlets for Samsonite, Nike, Adidas, Quiksilver, Timberland, etc ... but it was quite ... boring (for me) ... and we almost went back already until ... my sharp eyes friend saw so many people carrying "Esprit" shopping bag. So we asked the security guard where Esprit was (It was just behind us and it's so bloody big!!!) and we attacked it next.

Oh my .... it's so huge .... and we were there for more than 2 hours!! And still refused to get out!!!! Arghhhhhhhhhh ..... There were so many things ... nice things ... (I don't normally shop for Esprit in Singapore because of the price) but I spent like mad when I reached there ..!!! Why? Quite obvious! It's CHEAP! (oh no ... I start to sound like a chicken ....) but it's realy "cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap cheap". I got a pair of high leather boots for only HKD 495 (SGD 99) ... and I'm not going to bore you with what else I bought but the point is, when you are there please attack any Esprit outlet cause your shopping will be worth it.

Let me tell you a secret ... during my 1 week stay in Hong Kong, I went to 2 Esprit outlets and both times, I shopped a lot! !@#!@#!#!@# :p ...... La la la ...

Enough with the shopping. We were so late for the dinner. My friend's dad was cooking that night and we were late! (Because of Esprit! haha) ...

When we reached home, we were greeted by 3 fresh (LIVE) fish which minutes later, they were steamed ... and as much as I HATE steamed fish since young, I LOVE this one! It's amazing (too bad I don't have the photos for it as it was totally in a mess after I decided to take photo of it).

But luckily, I still have the photo of the other great dish that my friend's dad cook. It's long bean with egg. Do you know for appetizer, my friend ate 4 bowl of this????? Thank you uncle for your great time and great great yummy dishes which are 10x better than those I ate outside :-) .... My tummy was so delighted and tomorrow I needed to have more energy ... as I was going to attack Ocean Park!!! ;p .... See ya ....


No comments: