Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Authenticity

It's been quite a while ya ... since I blogged ...

Tons of contents to be used but yet the holiday mood just sank in to me ... I'd better wake up asap.

Anyway, grabbed the latest copy of O Magazine (yeah ... I only flipped through it and never really read it ... and I really need to remind myself I'm just not a magazine reader!!!) ... and found the theme for this month is very interesting.

Authenticity

They have a checklist that you can put in front of your mirror that says:

Identity Check
Hair? Combed.
Lipstic? Still on.
True self? Hello?

It's funny how we always remember to put on all the exterior things but forget that the most important thing of all is to put on our true self.

I wonder whether I've had mine on today ...

"To let oneself be carried on passively is unthinkable." - Virginia Woolf

"Let the world know you as you are, not as you think you should be, because sooner or later, if you are posing, you will forget the pose, and then where are you?" - Fanny Brice

"One of the greatest feelings in life is the conviction that you have lived the life you wanted to live - with the rough and the smooth, the good and the bad - but yours, shaped by your own choices, and not someone else's." - Michael Ignatieff

No comments: