Friday, August 8, 2008

Boo!

I sincerely apologize for being missing for quite sometimes. Didn't realize that till I got some spanking to wake me up from my blogless world.

So here I am not fully charged yet but I shall write in this post what has been happening for the last few weeks.

The activities:
  1. I took 8 days leave after long thought and some zen session with "a master"
  2. I am loving my French lessons (it's my 6th week now), haven't felt so passionate about something for the longest time
  3. I bought a Macbook on impulse (though I don't know how to use one at all)
  4. I watched free jazz performance @ Esplanade on impulse
  5. I test-drove a Suzuki Swift a day before my test
  6. I passed my driving test and test-drove 2 more cars straight after that
  7. I watched my friend performing live in a piano concert
  8. I stood for almost 3 hours watching the dancing sky
  9. I went to Bintan alone for 3 days 2 nights and even so, that's not enough
  10. I went for mangrove and firefly tour and for a second thought I could just be ONE with the snakes and alligator in the river
  11. I got myself right down muddy and dirty by riding the all-terrain bike (almost kiss the bushes too) then I went back and busy washing my shoes when all my life I've been avoiding to do that task! -.-"
  12. I went snorkeling and even 2 hours in the sea under the hot sun till my skin peels (yes, still peeling!), still not enough to be amazed with mother nature. And I am glad I met Dory (not the dory fish but the Dory in Finding Nemo)
  13. I witnessed when someone who has religion doesn't necessarily mean he/she knows how to be a decent human being (yes, even though he/she may be a leader in that religious arena)
  14. I met up with my lovely student and found out we both love Gordon Ramsay and gonna save up to eat his cooking one day and pray very hard we both can get to meet him in person
  15. I watched a French fairy tale which was made in the 70s - Peau D'ane - and realize it's not really a story for the children and the French was indeed artistic and creative and make me love the language even more
  16. I experienced how priorities affect someone's behaviour with or without he/she realizes it
  17. I attended a museum tour with a French curator who was explaining about the work of photographer, movie maker, etc - Alain Fleischer and totally at awed at his works
  18. I drank beer and ale and pretended I was The Dark Knight from Batman in the wrongest way ever
  19. I decided to go and watch Diana Krall concert in September. One of the most expensive ticket I've ever bought for concert and looking forward to it
  20. I splurged on a bling2 (.... hmmm ...) how did that happen again? ... Well, I'm an Ah Beng, you see. So, kinda have the inclination towards things that are shiny
  21. I had tough lectures and punches from my "master" as I've been "sleeping" for too long
  22. I had a few mental shifts and attitude shifts
  23. I had quite a few childish moments, literally and internally. Not so good but managed to de-clutter some of my mental blocks
  24. I tried authentic Ipoh Old Town Coffee and it was heavenly
So, those are the activities, but what are my realizations from these period of my life?
  1. Being impulsive is fun if it's properly thought through. Sounds ironic but well, who said you can't think to be impulsive?
  2. Having a laptop is so heavenly for an self-proclaimed internet addict like me! Even though it may not be the lightest gadget around, it's still worth carrying that baby around every where. Though the hunt for power points can be sickening I'm glad my "Mac-qie Bebe" (Yep, that's the name of my Macbook haha) is empowered with very long lasting battery life. 5-6hours when he is in a very good mood. What more can I ask?
  3. Any doses of arts can never do any harm to the soul. Be it a visual or auditory exhibits, it can never do anything wrong to your soul. Just make sure there's balance in everything.
  4. I am falling in love and totally lost in French. Loving every moment of it.
  5. I am constantly grateful I have the best teacher ever in opening the path of my baby steps in the French world. Thank you, Professeur Linda.
  6. A "ME" time is a must. Nothing can compromise that. Nothing! A time solely and purely for yourself with your own thought is much more refreshing than any spa packages that I've ever experienced. Highly recommended.
  7. Losing external things may not be that bad but when you lose yourself, you'd better buckle up.
  8. Quoting from a friend a mine who didn't even realize she has shared an important wisdom is "Priority changes behaviour". Simple and yet profound. Though it was said due to an observations we made on someone else, I have found this wisdom absolutely useful even in my own life. Thank you, Lala, for your uncommon wisdom.
  9. I realized Singapore has so many fun things to do and to your surprise, they are free too. What you need just an eye towards details and curiousity towards what's happening around you is definitely a must. Who said Singapore is small and boring? Then they haven't looked enough yet. God is in the details. (Oprah said one .... :p)
  10. Never give in just because you want to accommodate or please people. If you are not happy in doing it, don't do it. It's your life, not others. No matter how ridiculous it is, just do and be it.
  11. Drink lots of water, though in my case I need to go to the toilet so many times but I think water has an effect not only to your body but to your state of mind.
  12. Be aware of your thoughts at all time ... not easy but it's a must
There may be much more that I haven't shared from all the experiences that I have gathered but so far I hope it's been a good summary.

It's 080808 now and I hope everyone will have a great auspicious day ahead.

Bon week-end!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey uncle...WE LOVE GORDAN RAMSAY!!!hahahahaha.FINALLY(underline,bold,exclaimation mark),some1 updated her blog...

Anonymous said...

haha! aunty!! :p
ya lar ya lar .. i took so long hahaha ... blood type O mah ... tends to procrastinate (justification)hahaha ...