Friday, August 15, 2008

What Do You Find Most Inspiring About Nature?

I've been subscribing the newsletter from Charity Focus for quite a while now and find them really inspirational and provoking at times. Though I must admit I didn't really read them all but I really love their quotes (as I'm a quirky quotes collector) and the question they'll pose to make you think once in a while.

One of the article shared this time is from Ode Magazine about nature titled "Sustainable Extravagance". I must say it's quite a long article (erm ... I'm quite lazy in reading long articles) but it has a very interesting opening line - "Nature is nothing if not extravagant.", followed by the following statement - "Responding to unique local conditions, ants have evolved into nearly ten thousand species, several hundred of which can be found in the crown of a single Amazonian tree. Fruit trees produce thousands of blossoms—an astonishing abundance of blossoms—in order that another tree might germinate, take root, and grow."

It just makes me so amazed of how we have taken nature for granted all these while. We may not be the "green warriors" who are trying to save the earth by using everything organics and decompose our trash, but we tend to forget there were so many other living organisms that we overlook as we are too busy living our lives. We are so ignorant about the abundance of this earth that we think we are the only powerful species exists. Oh, how selfish.

As today's thought of the day asked in the newsletter - What do you find most inspiring about nature? It brought me to a mini write-up I've done inspired by a family member of mother earth who was once resided in my bathroom.

I love nature and everything in it. Some may be ugly (like the natural disasters) but some are really astounding (think of the views and produce we've been enjoying). Whatever they are I believe, if you look and listen close enough, nature tends to communicate in their own melodies. And you'll be surprised at the right time and right place, those messages will just be what you need at that point of time.

So, what do you find most inspiring about nature lately?
Don't forget to pay attention.

No comments: