Saturday, September 13, 2008

Eyé àdaba

There are singers who have great hype.
There are singers who have great fame.
Then, there are those rare ones who have no hype nor tremendous fame, but what they have is a sincere voice with soulful message.
This time I found it through Aşa, Paris-born Nigerian singer-songwriter.
Even though I don't understand the lyrics of the song - Eyé àdaba, but it just seems to speak to me.

I hope you'll enjoy it as much as I do. Below there's the lyrics and translation too. What a beautiful song about peace.

If you are unable to view the video as you are subscribing to my email newsletter, do visit the following link to listen to the song.
http://www.donnadaritan.com/2008/09/ey-daba.html


Lyrics:
Eyé àdaba
by Aşa

Oju mo ti mo
Oju mo ti mo mi
Ni le yi o o
Oju mo ti mo - mo ri re o

Eye adaba
Eye adaba
ye adaba ti n fo lo ke lo ke
Wa ba le mi o o
Oju mo ti mo mo ri re o

Translation:
I wake up at dawn
As it dawn’s upon me
I wake up to the sun
Shining upon me

I see doves in the sky
Birds flying high
Then in silence
I pray for peace
For my people

2 comments:

Desertnut said...

I love the lyrics and the melody to her song. She also sings beautifully!

D.D. said...

Thanks for the comment, Linda! :D
Just discovered her by randomly picking up CD in my school library :D