Monday, September 1, 2008

Physical, Emotional and Mental Growths

I am not sure how to write this post but I need to. It may be a series of questions or it may just be gibberish but I need to "pen" this down.

There comes a time when I realize and internalize that physical growth doesn't equate to one's emotional and mental growths.

You can be older but not necessarily wiser.
You can be older but not necessarily make you more mature.
You can be older but not necessarily make you take full responsibility of your life.

I am looking back at how I used to act when I was a kid (though I am still pretty much a kid at heart), one common thing I can pull is that I always blame everything and everybody else but me. Nowadays I tend to look at myself first before I point fingers to others though if the PMS period is lurking around the corner, someone may just need to bite the bullet once in a while. For that I sincerely apologize. I do know when I am wrong even if it needs to be told, I will eventually know and admit I am wrong.

But I realize, not everybody's mental and emotional growth are growing at the same rate as their wrinkles. It's a surprising fact but some acts are so amusing that I can't help but be so awed by them. Even though it is supposed to get on my nerves but I can't help to smile as it resembles a kid whose toy was being taken away and trying all ways and acts to gain the attention from others.

Anyway, enough of me blabbering. I just hope everybody has a more balanced and stronger growth in all areas of your life.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good article Donna. You make a very good point that physical growth not always matching emotional/mental growth.

D.D. said...

Hi Jane Chin
Thanks for dropping by and leaving comment. :-)
I love your article too -> http://www.givemeclosure.com/when-you-dont-want-someone-in-your-life#comment-1330

Isn't it nice to keep learning and discover new lessons in life. :-)

J.H said...

donna, just realise that you have a blog! And I am quite surprise we even have a common friend, Violadeo.blogspot.com.... *hahaha*

D.D. said...

Alo Jess
Oh ya? same friend? haha
what a small world.
Thanks for dropping by my blog and left comments :D:D:D:D
Thanks thanks :D

willowtree said...

What's a blog?

willowtree said...

I'm just kidding, it's me (DingoBarbie), WT is my blogging ID ;)

D.D. said...

haha! Dingobarbie! I almost got chocked for a while! Didn't know it's the nottie Dingobarbie! HAHA!!! Thanks for dropping by!

karisma said...

He he! Yeah its him DingoBarbie! (Not Dinoboy! my baby)

We know him as dubyaT or Willowtree! from blogland! (Not that he visits it much these days!)

Now back to you! How are the neighbours going? LOL! (Psst....set this page as pop up! so we can still see blog at same time! Old folks like me need to see and do at same time!)

Your post....

Me I claim to have mastered all of the above except for the mature thing, I seem to de-ture as I age. Maybe because I had to be responsible at a young age? Now my kids can take over! He he!

D.D. said...

Karisma , you are funny
I'll make note of the new word I learn - de-ture! HAHA!!!
Yes, time for a little balance in your life and there's no harm for the reverse to happen! I like that concept! Thanks for sharing! :D