Sunday, April 22, 2012

Come On! You Are More than Enough!

Hello readers.

How are you doing? How has your week been?

My life has taken for a great spin especially in the last 4 weeks. For those of you who are really close to me have witnessed very clearly that my life is changing so rapidly and I haven't had the chance to stop and reflect and dissect it like a surgeon. I don't have the time to stop yet, may be next week. The torrent has been pretty rapid.

Just this week alone, I have been meeting different people every single day. Some in a big group, some I was fortunate enough to simply have the one-on-one quality time. No matter what mode it was, I was always having a blast and at every passing moments, I am grateful.

What I notice from all my encounters with people from all walks of life, putting aside their material accomplishments, putting aside their gender and status. They are really all the same. One common thread I could discern from most of them, especially if they have some kind of discontent, it tends to be caused by either:
- Their insecurity
- Their belief that they are not enough

I used to be like that. I think part of me also still feel like that, at times. But I get better as my awareness is heightened. Then again, I wonder who don't? I don't think any of us are born to feel secure all the time. I grew up being compared to my cousins, friends, etc. No wonder feeling "not enough" has been an integral part of my life. But thank God I am able to move past that. It hasn't been an easy process because imagine being "brain washed" that the ones outside you are always better.

"She has better grades, why can't you?"
"The son of who and who has better career, you know?"
"Wow, that person is so talented and she started the same time as you."
"Yeah, they are of the same age as us, but look how far they have gone."

Those are just a few lines that I grew up listening to not only from my parents, relatives, and friends but worst of all ... from my own head! The later is the most poisonous and speaks the loudest. Finally, this is the year that I managed to find the volume button and slowly tweaking its volume as I move along in life. It's not an instant process but it has been a worthwhile one. Slowly, slowly, the only story that is loud enough in my head now has always been - I am more than enough. I am really blessed. I am awesome. I am Titanium.

Hence, when I met all the faces who were sitting right in front of me, sometimes I really hope they could see how awesome they really are too. I really feel like giving them a big hug and say - you are more than enough. You are beautiful the way you are. If you can't see it now, it's okay, eventually you will.

I really believe no matter what shitty situations you think you are in at the moment, you still have one thing that you are in control to not let it seems shitty at all. And that one thing should be your self image. You have to protect it and don't let what others say/think affects you. You should also protect it from your own nasty voice that say you are not good enough. Tell yourself, you are awesome now and you are also in the process to be more awesome. Tell yourself that everyday, plant the seed of self love and self appreciation. When the time is right, the fruit will ripe, you will see yourself blossoming into what you are meant to be.

No comments: