Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Retiring to Florida

Guest post written by Mikel Trevino

I never thought I would live in a beach town in Florida. I never wanted to. Florida is one of those states that I love to visit because I love to watch the ocean swell and fall, walk and run on the beach, feel the warm sea breezes, listen to the waves lap on the shore, and absorb the sun. I have always thought living there would cause me to take for granted those fabulous feelings I get when we vacation there. And, I know that sand would become a part of life – in my car and house all the time. So when my husband suggested we move to St. Petersburg, I was a little shocked. We love that city! Our daughter lives there and we visit a lot. She was excited when I told her we were coming to look at homes. I asked her aboutTVByDirectwhen we were discussing moving preparations. Some things I do not want to change! I am sure I will become use to the sand and will love looking at the beautiful water every day!

1 comment:

Maia Dobson said...

Florida sounds like a good place to stay during retirement. The close knit neighborhood and the wonderful beaches and the facilities just like those at retirement communities Long Island are so appealing. I think I'd consider this when I get to retire.