Saturday, April 7, 2012

Do You Really Love Surprises?

A friend of mine shared a quote on Facebook on Thursday that says - Sometimes, rejection is God's protection. I gave it a very deep thought but at that point of time, I couldn't really relate with it yet. But those words reminded me of something that I watched recently.

Anthony Robbins (one of the world most influential motivational speaker) asked his audience once whether they love surprises. Most of them said yes. He then said that's not true and they are bunch of liars. He then elaborated that you only love the surprises that you want. Those surprises that you don't want, you call them problems.

Think about how true it is. I started to reflect and I can really relate to it. I used to be pretty anal in terms of planning stuff. I need to be certain most of the time. But recently, things have changed pretty drastically. It's not that I don't plan anymore. I still do. But I live life embracing changes and surprises. Good or bad. When things don't go as planned, at that moment, one may feel agitated due to the attachment to the plans. That's normal as we tend to have a very myopic view when we are served with changes on the platter. But once you see the big picture, once you just trust the flow of life, like what I have been experiencing lately, the experience ALWAYS turns out for the better. Since then, I am a strong embracer of change and surprises. I simply trust life knows better than I do as life is governed by something bigger than myself.

Nothing is secure. That is my message. Nothing can be secure, because a secure life will be worse than death. Nothing is certain. Life is full of uncertainties, full of surprises -- that is its beauty! You can never come to a moment when you can say, "Now I am certain." When you say you are certain, you simply declare your death, you have committed suicide. - Osho

Funny enough, on the same day I chanced upon my friend's quote, life let me experienced minor rejection, which I took it with a sigh of relief. I got it now, what God's protection through rejection mean. I understand now, how life will always want the best for your if you can only trust it. This doesn't mean you don't try and strive anymore. You should actually do more, try more, get rejected more as that's how one really grows. That's how one really experiences life to the fullest. As life is a flow of chances and experiences, don't resist it. Like the rivers, in the end we will flow to the sea. Dory in Finding Nemo gave the best advice - Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming, swimming, swimming. What do we do? We swim, swim.

No comments: