Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Detox

Detox programs! I believe you must have heard a lot of such things being advertised everywhere. Sometimes I wonder if they really work. Detoxification is the process of removing of toxic substances from our body. For our bodies, there are tons of ways to detox. I haven’t really tried any yet as I’m too lazy or just not disciplined enough to do it. I wonder fasting is considered one way to detox too. Hmm … However speaking of emotional and mental detox, I have been pretty good at it. I think, especially in the area of removing people who are really very toxic to your souls.

Don’t you just have those people who sap away all your energy and creative juices and yet you don’t know why you still bother to linger on to them until you are slowly dried up. I believe one must be aware when such toxic presences appear in your life. Don’t take them too lightly. One really needs to purge them away in order to stay mentally and emotionally sane. At first it may be very difficult to let go, but after a while you will feel refreshed and renewed.

How about you? Do you detox physically and emotionally on regular basis? After gulping some fast food last night, I am seriously contemplating to do some detoxing to my body. But seriously, Singapore has too much great food. I will just have the detox in my mind for now. :p

No comments: