Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Best & Cheap Indonesian Food in Singapore

Alright, enough of grieving. (Still miss my red lian ... but miss my Kiky more for sure). Eh ... I though I've just said enough of grieving and look at where I'm heading too. -.-

This time I'm going to talk about food!! Yeah! :)

I've been introduced to this place by my friend "Miau..." -.- Don't ask me how come she's called Miau ... (yeah, as in Meow... like a cat). Her real name is Emi (not sure I spelled correctly though) and as any Indonesians, everyone will get some funny nick names. Mine? PLENTY! But, let's talk about the food, shall we. :p ... (Phew ...)

This place is at .... errr .... -.- .... WHERE???? -.- Wait ... I go see the map.

Alright, alright. I got it! It's the correct one! Here's the address:

S11 Cuppage Terrace
21, 23 & 27 Cuppage Road (where's the 25???)
For the map, you can click here.

Stall Name: Kantin "Aneka"
Location: Ground floor, first stall at the corner (it's outdoor)



Apologize for the dark dark photo. I was really trying to be discreet in taking it thennnnnnnnnnn .... my friend (whose face I put a smiley there as I'm not sure whether she minds I'm putting her face online), found out that I was acting weird. .... Kept standing far away from the stall, don't know doing what.

So, I was caught taking photos and even the stall keeper found out and they asked, so which TV station are we going to be featured in? Well ... well ... well ... HECK!! Thick-skinned-ly, for my beloved blog & faithful readers, I'll take this shameless risk. WAKAKA not to mention being called "kampungan" (villagers) by my friends too as I was busy snapping the pictures of the food.

HEY!!! -.- ... Yummy things must be shared, okay!

So, what's good there?
The following are my own personal favourite. I know my friends have more but ... these are the one suited to my own taste buds. They make me feel like I'm home. ;p

Contestant #1: Pempek

(Fish cake in spicy sweet sauce. You can choose to have bee hoon or noodle with it)



Contestant #2: Soto Betawi

I've nothing much to say about this dish. It's literally everyone's favourite. My friend can literally lick the bowl clean and the dish washer must be happy to have her as the customer. (Yeah, you've heard of this friend before. She's the same person that cleaned up that Ox Tongue's thingie in Macau :p)



Hope you enjoy them as much as my friends and I did.

No comments: