Monday, January 29, 2007

Last Entry on Macau

Finally, the moment that Elly has been waiting for :p ... I'm going to end my blah about Macau. I can't wait to write more about Hong Kong too since I was almost 1 week there. so, here's the last entry on Macau goes.

As I walked through the small alleys of Macau (like the one below), I realized they are so clean! Can you spot any rubbish there? No? Yes? NO!! And this is just the ordinary alleys they have there. The cleanliness is amazing.



You must walk around these places, and when you have no money and hungry in Macau. Do you know what you need to do?

Simply find any alleys that sell pork slices (supposed to be very nyamz, but I didn't try :p ....) or any other tidbits like their famous almond cookies, egg crisps with pork floss, etc. All the shops are busy giving you free samples. Even though you reject, they'll just put it on your hand. And soon or later, you'll be overstuffed like me.



Yupe ... I've 2 almond cookies in my mouth and 1 more on my hands. They are all from different shops. I was so full. Shouldn't have had my lunch! :p

After shopping for some tidbits (I didn't buy though :o ... so who shopped?? -.-), my friend wanted to look this tea place. She's a tea freak!!! And she only saw the place from TV (it was recommended) and it was not that easy to locate it in the map. I remember I was standing on one of the street after we've found it, so I took the picture below for landmark next time. :p ... (As if it'll help, eh?)



So, what kinda place is it? It's actually a Cultural Club. (Wow, they even have a website :p). The building, Tak Seng On, was an old pawnshop, recognized by Macao government as historic building with great artistic value. When we were there, there are a lot of people who went there just to appreciate the decors and buy some souvenirs. But for us, we are stuck at this following corner for more than 30 mins.



What on earth were we doing? And what's that above?
If you look closely, it's actually a big tree trunk that they have modified become a table especially for tea appreciation. Those small little stools were the ones that suffered our weight during the testing session. We tried almost all the tea leafs offered in their brochures. How do their products look like? Don't worry, I'll share with all of you in just a short while. Our common favorite was "Lemon grass" but unfortunately, it's SOLD OUT!!!! ARGH!!! -.-

So I bought "Vervain / Verbena" and "Osmanthus" instead.



What's so special about the tea leafs offered from this shop? Firstly, they are all organic and natural. No caffeine. No preservatives. Secondly, the sales person was so nice and patient. Imagine these 3 customers who keep trying all the leaves and yet, she was still happily serving all of us without any complaints. :p (I wonder what's inside her heart). Thirdly and most importantly, for the freshness and good quality leaves that they offer, their price is a fraction of what you can find anywhere. (Including those I can find in Singapore). No wonder so many people from Hong Kong will go there and buy few hundred dollars worth of tea leaves. And no wonder my favorite lemon grass was gone. Hua..... Glad I managed to try it though. It's heavenly. Best lemon grass tea I've ever tried in my life!

On the 2nd floor of this antique house, they even have a place where you can appreciate Chinese Tea. They call it "Bamboo Hut".



And there's the Jin Yong Library, one of the famous Chinese contemporary writer who have brought us a few TV series such as "Return of the Condor Heroes" which was popularized with actor such as Andy Lau. And not to mention the popular song that was being translated in Bahasa Indonesia. -.- .... can faint.



So, if you are interested in taking a glimpse of this place, here's the full address.



With this, I shall end my "tok tok" session about Macau and next I shall talk more about Hong Kong. :)



D.D. signed off from Macau.

No comments: