Thursday, March 1, 2007

The Fountain

Thank you Isabelle for accompanying me (with me treating) in watching this super confusing show .... :p ....

Super Short Synopsis

Tommy (Hugh Jackman) and Izzy (Rachel Weisz) were playing parts in 3 different world and era. It's a story about love, death, life, spirituality and .... honestly I was confused after the movie -.- So many repetitions of the same scene (lots of time) ...... Please forgive me if I really don't have much to say about this show until ....

D.D.'s A-HA Moments
My "moments" were not gathered while and after I watched the show ... but I finally grasped the meaning of it after I've read some beautiful posts in the IMDB forum.

It made you think about how human views death as such a scary act ... and that death is the end of life but to the Mayan, "Death is the Road to Awe". Very profound indeed.

Although each lifetimes the main character is trying so hard to escape and prevent the death of his loved one but each time he failed ... and the only time where he finally understood everything is he let go of the concept of death. He accepted his own death and his loved ones ... and realized through deaths ... bigger creations are in the making and that it'll awe you when you realized death is a beautiful thing.

Trailer



D.D.'s Rating
5/10 for the movie ... it made me confused totally and kept adjusting my posture ... (means I was bored)

9/10 for its profoundness after reading explanation from the forum :p .... (I'll still see good stuffs no matter what ... humf humf) :p

No comments: