Monday, March 12, 2007

The Secret

Have you heard of "The Secret"?

The key of getting anything you ever want in life. Anything. Yupe.

I've been anticipating to write this post for months and now finally I have the kick for it. I'm not sure why. Call it divine timing or simply procrastination. :p Bleh ....

"The Secret" has taken the world by storm, if you are not aware of it yet, now you definitely are. ;-) It's such a hit in Australia, US, and many more countries. I first heard of it and watched it in December 2006 and few months later (in February, to be exact) "The Secret" was so HOT that it's being featured in so many interviews such as Ellen Degeneres Show, Larry King and even my greatest "god-mom" OPRAH!!

As you know, anything that's being featured in Oprah, will definitely take the next hike upwards be it in terms of business, influence or simply awareness of it. So, since Oprah has featured it, it's my turn now to compile what I've found and learned and share it with you here.

What is
"The Secret"?

Actually there's nothing so secretive about it. Everyone has been subconsciously using it and just not aware of it. Yes, you too know
"The Secret" but you are just not aware of it. Because our whole lives have been based on it. It's just like playing any game ... whether you are still at level 1 or level 10 ... that's the difference. But everyone is already playing it.

"The Secret" that was being shared is actually "Law of Attraction". What does it mean? You must have heard a few quotes from famous people such as:
  • Napoleon Hill: Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
  • Henry Ford: If you think you can do a thing or think you can't do a thing, you're right.
  • Winston Churchill: You create your own universe as you go along
  • Jesus Christ: Ask, and it will be given you; Seek, and you will find; Knock, and it will be opened to you.
  • Buddha: All that we are is a result of what we have thought
  • Albert Einstein: Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life's coming attractions.
Enough quotes from the wise people and now let's get back to our own lives. So what does Law of Attraction really means? It is very very simple indeed. Whatever your thought is, good or bad, you will eventually get what you think.

E.g.
When you think - "She's such a bitch"
You will get - she's forever a bitch to you

When you think - "I want to be out of debt"
You will get - more debts

When you think - "My job sucks"
You will get - more sucky job every day

But when you think - "I am a problem solver"
You will get - more solutions to any challenges that may come

When you think - "Money comes to me easily"
You will get - a penny on the floor (still money and it's easy)

The bottom line is, you get what you are thinking of. Just imagine the whole universe is a genie, whatever you put in your mind, coupled with your emotional level .. you'll attract it.

What do I mean by the emotional level?

There are GOOD and BAD feelings. The good ones are:
- Love
- Gratitude
- Joy
- Passion
- Happiness / Excitement
- Joyful Expectation
- Hope
- Satisfaction

The bad ones are:
- Boredom
- Annoyance
- Worry
- Criticism / Blame
- Anger
- Revenge
- Hate
- Resentment
- Guilt
- Depression
- Fear

So, even though your mind keeps saying "I am a problem solver" but by actual fact your feeling is at the level of "fear", your wish will not be fulfilled by the "genie" of the universe.

Your mind (thoughts) and your heart (feelings) must match in order to receive the abundance from the universe. Trust me, it works. I've been there and done that.

After watching
"The Secret", I was pretty hyped up (as usual :p how long does the steam last ... that I'll need to do self-check). And I completely was at the state of Happiness & Excitement all the time. Then a few mini miracles started to flow in to my life that made me at awe:
  1. One of the recommended activity in "The Secret" is to keep a vision board. For me I created a vision folder where I put anything that I am attracted to. Including a photo of the newest plane from SIA (I think it's the Boeing). When I cut that picture out, my friend was laughing at me and said,"that also you want???". I said why not, it looks so good. And guess what, the next day when I was coming back to Singapore from Hong Kong. I was on that new plane. Don't believe me? Here are the pictures. I was so excited like someone just came out from the village that I took photo even the screen & remote control of it -.-.



  2. Few months before I watched "The Secret", when I was so active in gym-ing (till my elbow gets cranky) I told my friend that if I am able to choose one item to bring home from the gym, I'll buy a gym bench as that's where I spend most of my time when I'm in the gym. 3-4 months later, guess what, my friend (who's an active body sculptor :p ... he's pretty hunky, you know. Fine ass too :p ... Oopps .. hope he's not reading this) was trying to discard his gym bench. He said he has no room to put it anymore and asked me whether I'm interested. I just need to settle for the transport. What do you think my answer was? The rest is history

  3. My last sharing is related to money ... I don't want to brag too much about it. Basically, I have a few surprises here and there. Really surprising ones ler ... -.- no kidding.

  4. Lastly, I keep telling myself I'm surrounded by positive people and would like to know and be part of positive people. And if you've read a few of my previous posts, I'm just grateful that I not only found 1 or 2 great people but more than 5 all at once. Happy to the core.
So, that's my story. I really hope it will inspire you to take charge for your life and start creating what you want. And do you think I'm going to leave you hanging like this without showing you some videos related to "The Secret"? Hell no! ;-) Check out some links that I've found and I hope you enjoy it.

Videos

The Original Version of
"The Secret"



Visualization Tool





"
The Secret" Interview in Larry King

Too many videos so if you are interested just go to this link directly. There are more than 10 videos there.

"The Secret" Interview in Ellen Degeneres Show

Part 1:


Part 2:


And lastly, my favourite of all -
"The Secret" Interview in Oprah Winfrey Show (Apparently I can't really embed it in my blog, so go to the links to watch them)


No comments: