Friday, March 9, 2007

They Are My Sisters

Remember my post about the African Girls whom Oprah discovered? Their stories have moved me and I've decided to bring them around wherever I go, in my wallet. I'm proud to have sisters who are upbeat, positive, intelligent and most importantly always grateful with whatever they have in life. So introducing my sisters in my wallet:


Image source: www.oprah.com
  1. Thando: She recites poetry very well and her dream is to be an actress.
  2. Lesego: Her mom left her when she was very young and hence the very tough personality's running all over her. She did say something profound to her class which was - Don't blend in. Blend out. I wonder how many people at such age even understand what that means when they only focus on being accepted among their peers.
  3. Zodwa: Her passion for school and the love of learning are so strong that she woke up every morning at 4AM, walked through the dangerous path of the city just to get to the bus stop that will eventually bring her to school. My goodness .... When I was 3 - 14 yrs old, my school was just 3 houses apart and I was so reluctant to go every morning. -.-
  4. Megan & Sade: Ultimate forgiving souls who only remember the good things and not the bad!
  5. Mahlatse: She wears specs. Me too. Since 3 yrs old. :-) Though she's ultra shy and quiet, she tops the class easily every time though she studies only with one candle light.
They are my sisters, my friends and inspiration. One day, hope to meet them personally and give them a very big hug for their courage and humility.

No comments: