Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Moon River

Huhu .... D.D. is in a very sentimental mode right now ... May be because I was updating my Ipod (which I called .... "pod pod") looking for nice songs to put and one of them is Moon River by Andy Williams.

It's one of the very first song I sang for Karaoke at home with my parents! HAHA. Though at that time I remembered, whenever they started to Karaoke ... I wanted to faint (hideous, I thought) and I tried to hide too but I secretly love it and sang along with them at my "hiding place". :p ....

Then there's one incident when none of them was around (I thought I was safe) ... I sang like nobody's business with the microphone. When I'm done, I kept everything neatly. Then they were back. I thought .. phew .. what a timing.

TO MY SURPRISE!!!!
My maid told me the next day that throughout all the time, they were watching me singing from the TV in the dining room -.- ..... -.- ..... ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Enough of my embarrassing moment, let Andy does his job for now. :-) He's brilliant ... the song was even used in the movie Kate & Leopold and it's absolutely romantic. :-) Enjoy. (Oh ya ... I also pasted a few other versions ... every compilation shows different emotion. Audrey Hepburn is always stunning and can't imagine Korean actress sang this song too ... wow)


Andy Williams



Audrey Hepburnin Breakfast At Tiffany's



Katie Melua



Diana Ross with Placido Domingo and Jose Carreras


Caitlin Smith


Lee Young Ae (Isn't see from that famous Korean drama - Jewel in the Palace???)


Artist: Andy Williams Lyrics
Song: Moon River Lyrics
Moon river, wider than a mile
I'm crossing you in style some day
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way

Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after the same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me

(moon river, wider than a mile)
(I'm crossin' you in style some day)
Oh, dream maker, you heart breaker
Wherever you're goin', I'm goin' your way

Two drifters, off to see the world
There's such a lot of world to see
We're after that same rainbow's end, waitin' 'round the bend
My huckleberry friend, moon river, and me

1 comment:

Viola Deo said...

I'm just looking for that 'Donna Daritan' video version, where is it? :P (Guess that is the most interesting one heheheh)