Tuesday, March 13, 2007

"I'm So Poor" - Are You?

I was on a taxi this morning and the Chinese radio 95.8FM was having a very interesting dialogue. I may not have captured the whole thing and I may paraphrase it :p so anyway here it goes:

My imagination ... I think Man B must have complained about how poor he is and complaining a lot about his life. He's a representative of average middle income earner and comparing himself to those who are ultra rich.

Man A: So, if you are given $100 to cut off one of your finger, will you do that?

Man B: NO.

Man A: What if I give you $1000 to cut off your hand, will you do that?

Man B: NO.

Man A: What if I give you $10,000 and make you blind, will you accept that?

Man B: NO. Are you nuts?

Man A: What if I give you $100,000 and turn you to an 80-yr-old man, will you agree?

Man B: NO. NO. NO.

Man A: How about $1,000,000 and I'll end your misery and you'll just die now?

Man B: NO. What's the use of the $1,000,000 by then?

Man A: Ah ... so now you see you have something that's worth more than money and yet you keep saying you are poor? What are you trying to say here?

Man B: (Speechless)

3 comments:

= Christine = said...

Profound, man!

Good analogy and yay! I'm richhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

donnaaaaaaaa~~~~
i am here again to check up on you see if u have behaved hahaha

O do you have facebook by any chance?

D.D. said...

HAHA!
Helloo Miss Joannnnnnnnnn :-)
Thank you so much for being here
It really means a lot to me ... (if you happen to read this when you are back checking up on nottie-me again hehe)

I don't have facebook ler ... why? :o .... Anything good up there?

I know your friendster is like super duper full haha (too popular lar you) .. so you using facebook now? I have myspace. It's at www.myspace.com/daringdd (someone took daringd!!! humf humf)

Again, thanks for being here, my friend :-)